[Mimedefang] Re: Spammers who won't take no for an answer

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Oct 26 02:14:03 EST 2003

--On Saturday, October 25, 2003 6:38 PM -0700 Jeremy Mates
<jmates at sial.org> wrote:

> Yes, the data trickles, slowly.

I was thinking of how one might use this without router assistance, and it
strikes me that you could have it spawn sendmail for legitimate connections
and do its teergrubing for spammer connections.

I wonder if a similar lightweight "SMTP proxy" could be used to implement
my "slowboat" idea, analyzing inbound connections just enough to decide
whether to send them to the 1st class server or to the slowboat?