[Mimedefang] Mimedefang delay_checks problem

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Thu Oct 23 15:11:05 EDT 2003

At 11:26 AM 10/23/2003, Bob Robichaud wrote:
>Yikes!  Not much of a programmer.  I beleive Spamassassin has it's own
>whitelist feature.  I'll see how that works.

SpamAssassin's whitelist feature works by subtracting points from the score
if one of the recipients in the To or CC fields is found in the
whitelist.  It can't deal with BCCs, and it will affect *all* recipients
even if only one is whitelisted.

It's probably not quite what you're looking for.

There've been some recent discussions on implementing this through
MIMEDefang, not through the access DB, but through checking recipients
against a list defined in the MD filter.  (You have to call
stream_by_recipient if there's a mix of opt-out and non-opt out
recipients.)  Their mail will still get processed by MIMEDefang, but you
can set it up to skip spamassassin and other checks for those users.

It means duplicating the information (since you'll still need the access DB
and delay_checks in order to bypass the DNSBLs), but if the list is small
it shouldn't be *too* painful.

Kelson Vibber