[Mimedefang] Graphdefang logging user_unknown on FreeBSD

Jeff Powell jeff at jeffpowell.com
Tue Oct 21 22:30:38 EDT 2003

I'm running MIMEDefang 2.37 and graphdefang 0.9 on FreeBSD 5.1. I can't
seem to get the event logging for the user_unknown event to work.  I am
running Sendmail 8.12.10.  The sendmail log actually says "No such user
here" instead of "User unknown"  I have changed that, and only that, in
the user_unknown file in graphdefang/event/sendmail.  Now, every time I
run Graphdefang, it picks up about 700 new lines each time, even if I
run it again immediately (plus whatever few new lines have been added in
the last few seconds).  So the change I made is causing Graphdefang to
see the appropriate lines but it is apparently not adding them to
SummaryDB.db.  Also, nothing is getting graphed.  Has anyone else gotten
this to work on FreeBSD 5.1?

Thanks,

Jeff