[Mimedefang] Spammers who won't take no for an answer

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Oct 21 02:09:43 EDT 2003

--On Monday, October 20, 2003 10:53 PM -0400 "Kevin A. McGrail"
<kmcgrail at pccc.com> wrote:

> Just an FYI before someone actually does this, it *IS* a crime in the US.
>
> Though in spirit, I'm with ya ;-)

What we need is a new RFC, an addendum to the one defining SMTP, that says
that one of the side effects of an SMTP connection is a reverse probe to
one's NETBIOS ports, just like those to the IDENT port. The content will be
defined to be precisely the sequence necessary to shut down (not
necessarily gracefully) a compromised NETBIOS client.

With this defined, we have the legal defense that the smbdie probe was
*requested*.