[Mimedefang] Spammers who won't take no for an answer

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Oct 20 22:40:13 EDT 2003

Isn't it amazing that a group of business think they can some how
legislate that pestering someone in their own home (via phone) is a first
amendment right, but the same judges that laugh in their faces at such a
ponderence are draggin their heels about the problem of email based spam.

Junk Faxes are illegal.
Telemarketing calls to cell phones are illegal.
Telemarketing calls to phones on a block list are (soon to be) illegal.

What the hell is their problem with email?

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.P, S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net
Work: bkamen at uiuc.edu
gPG Pub Key - http://www.benjammin.net/www/pages/library

* NOTE: Opinions and Views discussed via email are my own and not that    *
* of the State of Illinois, University of Illinois or the Illinois Dept   *
* of Natural Resources. They are my own. "They"  get none of the credit.  *

'/usr/games/fortune' says:
This life is a test.  It is only a test.  Had this been an actual life,
you would have received further instructions as to what to do and where
to go.