[Mimedefang] Spammers who won't take no for an answer

Daniel Kasak dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au
Mon Oct 20 21:48:53 EDT 2003

David F. Skoll wrote:

>Is anyone seeing a new trend (maybe a new ratware package?)  I'm seeing
>spammers repeatedly retry the same message, even after a 5xx failure code.

<snipped>

Yeah I've seen the same sort of thing here.
What would be great is if you could integrate the excellent tool
'smbdie' into mimedefang / canit, and blue-screen the computers of
repeat offenders.
You can use smbclient -L <ipaddress> to get the host name, then feed
this, and the ip address into smbdie.
That's what I used to do before it all became too much and we purchased
CanIt. But a combination approach would be ideal :)
Maybe I should get serious about learning some Perl...

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer
email: dkasak at nusconsulting.com.au