[Mimedefang] MD 2.38 + RH 9 + Sendmail 8.12.10 + SA 2.60 problems

Vincent Jaussaud tatooin at kelkoo.com
Mon Oct 20 10:35:37 EDT 2003

Hello guys,

I'm using Mimedefang since a while now, and so far, without problem.

Recently, I had to move our mail server, to a new box, more powerful,
using the new RedHat 9.

The box has just been installed from scratch. All perl modules have been
installed without problems.

I've installed SpamAssassin rpms from
http://spamassassin.taint.org/released/RPMs/

spamassassin-2.60-1
perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-2.60-1

and sendmail 8.12.10 from tarball.

First problem:
MimeDefang do not recognise my SpamAssassin installation when I run the
configure script:

checking for Perl module Mail::SpamAssassin 1.6 or better... no

I'm almost sure it will work if I install the tarball version of
SpamAssassin. How does it come the rpm version isn't recognised ?

Second Problem:
MD build process stop with an error:

gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -pthread -o mimedefang mimedefang.o
drop_privs_threaded.o utils.
/usr/local/lib/libmilter.a(errstring.o)(.text+0x17a): In function
`sm_errstring':
: undefined reference to `ldap_err2string'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mimedefang] Error 1

This problem comes since I've installed the libmilter includes /
librairies from sendmail 8.12.10.
With sendmail 8.12.9 and earlier, I didn't have such problems.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks !
Best Regards,

--
Vincent Jaussaud
Kelkoo.com Security Manager
email: tatooin at kelkoo.com

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one."
    -- President Thomas Jefferson.    1743-1826