[Mimedefang] cound not create directory /var/mdefang-nnnnnnnn-0

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Mon Oct 20 09:20:22 EDT 2003

No worries though it's actually a common problem.  When in doubt with a lot
of programs that you are compiling by hand, especially ones that use the
standard GNU(?) Configure scripts, it's a safe bet to delete the source if
something went wrong with the configure.  You can also SOMETIMES do a make
clean and a rm config.cache but it depends on how well the Author wrote
their clean section of the Makefile.

Regards,
KAM

> Thanks, that did the trick perfectly.  D'oh!  I should have tried that
> first.
>
> Maybe I inadvertently added a trailing slah when I did the original
> build?  Or maybe not.
>
> Anyway, it's fixed now - thanks again.
>
> Guy
>
> > Beyond missing a step, it sounds like this is a mimedefang compilation
> > issue.  My best recommendation is to try nuking your source dir (just
for
> > safety), re-untar and try the configure again/make/make install.
Perhaps