[Mimedefang] Major Canadian ISP clamps down on virus propagators

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sat Oct 18 22:39:42 EDT 2003

Hi,

This article is apropos a recent thread on MIMEDefang:

http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=19430339-501a-418c-b75f-4a3bdb36c73c

I'm no fan of Bell Canada, but this is a terrific move -- they're
disconnecting subscribers whose machines originate viruses, and not
allowing them to reconnect until they've cleaned up their act.

I think Bell is not going far enough.  It should charge a reconnection
fee of $49.95 so that the TCO of virus-propagating software is accurately
assessed.