[Mimedefang] LOTS of mail being tagged wrong

Håkon Nilsen (Exinet AS) nilsen at xinet.no
Fri Oct 17 07:21:21 EDT 2003

Hi,

This is a cross-message for MIMEdefang and SpamAssassin mailing lists.

System: RH 7.3, Sendmail 8.12.10, SA 2.60, MIMEdefang 2.37

I just added new domain relaying through my mailserver. The users are ship
brokers, and receive a _lot_ of mail from around the world. The problem is
that lots and lots of the mails are tagged as spam.

90% of the mails tagged as SPAM isn't spam. And that's not very good. Here's
the results of a mail:

 5.4 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to 100%
                            [score: 0.9977]
 0.1 HTML_60_70             BODY: Message is 60% to 70% HTML
 0.1 HTML_FONTCOLOR_BLUE    BODY: HTML font color is blue

Bayes tages it worth 5.4 points. My limit is 5. How does Byes tag it this
much? What should I do to solve the issue? Raise the limit to 7.5 or
something would probably help on this one, but not all. A whitelist service
is already created, but I can't keep track of 100 mails each day - and they
do receive a lot of mail from different domains indeed...

Best regards,
Haakon Nilsen