[Mimedefang] Latest SPAM scam.

Stefan Schoeman stefan at internext.co.za
Fri Oct 17 01:34:51 EDT 2003

Just an update on using an Antivirus as a Spam identifier.
I asked for some suggestions on the ClamAV Mailing List.
Turns out that ClamAV is designed in such a way that it reads any .db or
.db2 files in it's signature directory when it is asked to scan a file. It
also provides all the tools for creating your own signature databases.

What this implies is that one should easily be able just add your own
spam.db database to ClamAV and one's filter will start rejecting spam
banners. I'll give this a shot and let people know how it went.

Stefan