[Mimedefang] Problems with "action_replace_with_url"

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Oct 16 21:42:29 EDT 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Jim Tanner wrote:

> doesn't actually remove the attachment(s) from the message. In order to
> get MD to remove the oversized attachment(s) I had to change the line to:

> "return action_replace_with_url($entity,"

That's correct; the man page is unclear.  It shows a fragment of code
out of context.  I fixed it for the next release.

> The second problem is that in either case MD doesn't appear to scan the
> oversized attachment(s) for viruses.

You need to rearrange the code in your filter so that it calls
one of the virus-scanning functions first, and only if the attachment
is clean should you do the size test and action_replace_with_url.