[Mimedefang] Rewarding plaintext

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Oct 16 17:34:55 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, October 16, 2003 9:00 AM -0400 "Cormack, Ken"
<kcormack at acs.roadway.com> wrote:

> On a busy server, it is possible your "nice pool" could remain full for
> several days.  How many times would you plan on tempfailing an HTML-based
> message?  If you keep tempfailing the same message every time, the sending
> server would eventually expire the message, undelivered after x-number of
> days, etc.

If your server is that busy, you'd be tempfailing those messages anyway. The
point is to push all plaintext to the front of the line, and all attachments
to the back. Note that I'm not singling out HTML. *Any* attachment that's not
plaintext should go to the slow queue, precisely because it costs us more to
scan it for malware.