[Mimedefang] graphdefang cores with large amounts of data

Whatley, Lee (CBA) lee at cba.ua.edu
Wed Oct 15 16:30:28 EDT 2003

I am having a similar issue with graphdefang on my server.  The summary
db is now over 160MB and processing takes 10 to 15 mins (running once an
hour)  I'm afraid if this keeps escalating the server will start
tempfailing mail when graphdefang is running because there won't be
enough memory or CPU.  I can nice graphdefang to take care of the cpu
issue, but then I'll have to start worrying about when the point will
come where it takes longer than an hour to process and running it once
an hour is not doable anymore. Also graphdefang is using upwards of
500MB of RAM each time it runs.  Is there going to be a point where I
can't run it without thrashing the machine?

-Lee