[Mimedefang] graphdefang cores with large amounts of data

cam bcp1 at craqskeep.com
Wed Oct 15 13:52:41 EDT 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Patrick Morris wrote:

> Happens to me constantly.  I'm lucky if I can keep a week's worth of
> data without losing my SummaryDB file, and I've only got 500 or so users
> (though, admittedly, a much higher than average mail and spam volume
> than the average 500-user site).

i had this happen to me last week sometime (don't remember off hand exact
day without looking).  processing time had gotten up to about 10 to 12
minutes per run (running once per hour) even after trimming down the
number of graphs built.  the db was ~500 Meg at this point.  even with 2g
ram the box was taking a serious performance hit for  a while due to
swapping to hand the 1.6g to 1.8g process.  /sigh

cam