[Mimedefang] bypass mimedefang or milter

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot at dioranews.com
Wed Oct 15 06:11:45 EDT 2003

Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> The local LAN issue has been answered here before by checking the RelayAddr
> I believe. However, the PopAuth question is new.  Are you using the PopAuth
> written by Curt Sampson?

Indeed, I just finished downloading the full raw archive and found a lot
of information. Actually, it seems to work great :)
I added this at the beginning of the mimedefang filter:

sub filter_relay {
     my($hostip, $hostname, $helo) = @_;
     if ($hostip eq '127.0.0.1' or
         $hostip eq '192.168.0.1' or
         $hostip =~ /^192\.168\.0\./) {
         return ('ACCEPT_AND_NO_MORE_FILTERING', "ok");
     }
     return ('CONTINUE', "ok");
}

And I added MX_RELAY_CHECK=yes to the mimedefang configuration file...
nice :)
Now, I need this to also work with mobile users authorized by a
pop-before-smtp system.

> If so, it uses DB_File.  You could modify the mimedefang-filter to use
> DB_file, tie the popauth.db to a hash and do logic to see if the sender's IP
> is in the DB_file prior to checking viruses/spam.

I'm using drac, it uses a DB file: /usr/local/etc/dracd.db
Unfortunately, I don't really know PERL so I don't feel like changing
the mimedefang rules myself without some examples.

Thanks a lot for answering :)

Antoine