[Mimedefang] bypass mimedefang or milter

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Oct 15 05:48:12 EDT 2003

Antoine,

The local LAN issue has been answered here before by checking the RelayAddr
I believe. However, the PopAuth question is new.  Are you using the PopAuth
written by Curt Sampson?

If so, it uses DB_File.  You could modify the mimedefang-filter to use
DB_file, tie the popauth.db to a hash and do logic to see if the sender's IP
is in the DB_file prior to checking viruses/spam.

I also started on the code to only check messages destined for that machine
so that if it does delay it's for the purpose of halting viruses at the mail
gateway which I think the delay would be acceptable.

Regards,
KAM