[Mimedefang] Did I ask my question wrong?

Wayne E. Smith smitty at whozon.com
Mon Oct 13 00:27:09 EDT 2003

Hello,

I thought from reading the documentation that the configuration of
having the suspected spam delivered to an alternative mailbox was a
common configuration. I figured that for what ever reason I was just not
getting it. I have searched on the Internet for a configuration that has
this setup to know avail. I tried the code snippet from the FAQ and no
go (maybe I am putting it in the wrong place. All I want to do is have
the email that scores over the threshold not to delivered to the
recipient but instead to a spambox. Can someone please help me out on
this? It's frustrating as the 37 spam emails I got just today were all
identified correctly BUT still delivered. Maybe I am missing something
as I don't see the logic of reaffirming that it is in fact spam if your
not going to do anything with it. My setup again for the record is
Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, SpamAssassin 2.60 and MimeDefang 2.37.

I don't usually do mailing list so maybe I am breaking some code or
something in the way I am asking my question, just let me know and I'll
rephrase.

Regards,

Smitty