[Mimedefang] Running A/V & A/Spam for Local-host-names only

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Fri Oct 10 16:34:01 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgrail at pccc.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 2:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Running A/V & A/Spam for Local-host-names only

> > > However, we have a slightly different problem where the machine is a
> > > legit relay for hundreds of dynamic IPs.
> >
> Definitely not nice and contiguous IPs.  We are using POP before Auth
> authentication.  However, leveraging the authentication doesn't help
because
> they could be legitimately relaying off us to another destination and we
> don't want to do outbound scanning.  ONLY scanning inbound for mail
destined
> for this box, i.e. local-host-names scanning.
>
> We simply don't have the resources to test the hundreds of thousands of
> legit emails that go through our servers.

Am I missing something, or is perhaps stream_by_domain() the solution here?

Something that almost looks like Perl...

sub filter_end() {
    if ( stream_by_domain() ) {
        return;
    }
    @LocalDomains = read_localhostnames_table();
    for $dom ( @LocalDomains ) {
        # All recipients are in the same domain, so we only need to
        # compare the first one...
        if ( $Recipients[0] =~ /@$dom$/ ) {
            # do local-domain neat stuff here
            last;