[Mimedefang] Running A/V & A/Spam for Local-host-names only

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Oct 10 16:06:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-10 at 09:23, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> We want to run an "inbound" MIMEDefang only.  I've seen plenty of references
> to not parsing outgoing mail based on IP address.  However, we have a
> slightly different problem where the machine is a legit relay for hundreds
> of dynamic IPs.

One approach is to add an inbound relay where you run MD. If you have
another box you can just change the MX record to point there for
the domains you want to scan, using mailertable to direct subsequent
delivery to the old box or wherever it goes next.  With a few
contortions you could probably make this run on one box with an
extra IP address and two instances of sendmail bound to different
addresses.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com