[Mimedefang] Running A/V & A/Spam for Local-host-names only

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Oct 10 13:42:01 EDT 2003

On 10 Oct 2003 at 10:23, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

<SNIP>

> However, we have a slightly different problem where the machine is a
> legit relay for hundreds of dynamic IPs.

I assume these aren't in a nice contiguous IP-space.  How are you
authenticating relay clients?  Could you perhaps leverage your
authentication mechanism in MIMEDefang and avoid dealing with the IP
addresses altogether?  If you're using SMTP AUTH, for example, it's
trivial to check the ${auth_authen} Sendmail macro in the event of a
successful authentication.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager