[Mimedefang] RedHat 9 / UVScan Question

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Fri Oct 10 09:11:02 EDT 2003

I am trying to document more How-To's for virus scanning.  Currently, I am
trying to document the fix for Uvscan for RedHat 9 when used with
mimedefang.pl.  The solution is to export LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libc.so.6 prior to
running uvscan.

I'm wondering if anyone is using this on a live server and if they simply
modified mimedefang.pl (Line 2110)?  In other words, will RedHat 9 using
MIMEDefang and uvscan work with the following modification?

run_virus_scanner("LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libc.so.6" . $Features{'Virus:NAI'} .
" --noboot --secure --allole $path 2>&1", "Found");

Regards,
KAM