[Mimedefang] stream_by_... and invalid users

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Oct 10 07:58:00 EDT 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, John Nemeth wrote:

>      For the second test, I specified an invalid return address with a
> valid domain, <blah2 at cornerstoneservice.ca>, a valid recipient and an
> invalid recipient.  sendmail gave me an error on the invalid recipient
> as expected.  However, when MIMEDefang did stream_by_recipient(), it
> generated a message for both recipients.  Why does it do this?

That shouldn't have happened.  MIMEDefang is passed the recipient list
via milter calls, and it has no way of knowing if the recipient is
valid or not.  I didn't think Sendmail would make a milter callback
for invalid recipients, but your experience seems to suggest it does.
I'll look into it.  However, if this is the expected behavior of Sendmail,
there's nothing you can do about it.