[Mimedefang] Bad, bad_filename filtering ?

James B. Huber jbh at JudahNet.com
Wed Oct 8 19:59:01 EDT 2003

Folks,
  I have a stupid issue. My wife tried to email me a
"web-page" in html format. Normally this is not an issue
as I allow ALL email from here to pass through. However...

Bottom line, is the "html" attachment has a name of:
filename="www.reason.com/links/links100703.shtml"
and the default filter, as well as the linux.org filters
and I suspect many other peoples, blows this out on the
"bad_filename" checks...Apparently the ".com" in the
filename is what's doing it.

First question, why are we checking anything of a
"path" component in the bad_filename check ? Or perhaps
better asked, why are we NOT calling the filename
what comes after DIRSEP (either "/" or "\" depending
upon your *NIX/Dos) ?
Any thoughts on how to go about getting the "last"
component of the filename to use in this check ?

The quarantined part-1 headers are below, but I think
the problem is apparent...or I'm slow and missing the
obvious.