[Mimedefang] Bypassing MimeDefang functionality

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Oct 8 12:50:01 EDT 2003

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Mark wrote:

> I basically want to use MimeDefang as a replacement Milter for the rather
> unstable, threaded, Sendmail::Milter package. The multiplexor idea greatly
> appeals to me, as it does away with perl-threaded. So, I was wondering
> whether I can disable most of its standard functionality, like defanging
> mime, so that I can use the bare mechanism for my own, custom Milter stuff.

Start with an empty filter file (except for the 1; at the end) and
write your own routines to do what you need.  You probably only need
to supply a filter_end function (and perhaps one or more of
filter_relay, filter_sender and filter_recipient.) See
the mimdefang-filter man page.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent MIMEDefang from unpacking
the MIME message into its components.  If you use a ramdisk for
/var/spool/MIMEDefang, the overhead for this isn't too bad.