[Mimedefang] Bypassing MimeDefang functionality

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Wed Oct 8 12:42:01 EDT 2003

Dear people,

I am really new to MimeDefang, so bear with me. :) I installed MimeDefang
2.37 on a FreeBSD 4.7R system. No problem there. But, without being rude, I
was wondering whether I can disable most of MimeDefang functionality. :)

I basically want to use MimeDefang as a replacement Milter for the rather
unstable, threaded, Sendmail::Milter package. The multiplexor idea greatly
appeals to me, as it does away with perl-threaded. So, I was wondering
whether I can disable most of its standard functionality, like defanging
mime, so that I can use the bare mechanism for my own, custom Milter stuff.

I saw MimeDefang also found my SA 2.55, and tries to use. I'd like to
disable that too. ;) It may just be that I wind up using only the
multiplexor, invoking my own Milter, bypassing MimeDefang altogether. But I
rather use it, if I can.

I realize my request sounds a bit odd. But who has ever seen
Sendmail::Milter collapse under load, will perhaps understand my desire to
move away from a threaded Perl. And I have reason to believe others before
me have been driven into the hands of MimeDefang for this selfsame reason. I
am just not immediately ready to remove all attachments from emails, and
such, just because I want to use a stable Milter.

I checked several config files, and the FAQ, but it was not clear to me
where I can enable/disable certain things (like defanging mime, or calling
SA). Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks!

- Mark