[Mimedefang] SA / Bayes lock errors

Whatley, Lee (CBA) lee at cba.ua.edu
Wed Oct 8 12:04:00 EDT 2003

I had to increase the amount of memory mimedefang was allowed to use to
fix this.  I did this in /etc/sysconfig/mimedefang (on a RedHat
machine).  This was done after reading a previous post where someone had
the same problem and determined that lock files were getting left
because some mimedefang processes were running out of allowed memory
before they could finish rebuilding the bayes db.  Since bumping up the
memory limit to 80MB I only have this problem once or twice a day.

-Lee