[Mimedefang] re InpuMailFilter requires milter support/Oops I couldn't find

Nicholas Kirlew nkirlew at ntoec.nt.edu.au
Tue Oct 7 02:17:01 EDT 2003

Kris Deugau replied to my original post which was that I could not get
milter going under the heading InpuMailFilter requires milter support.
>As long as you install the current errata package
>(sendmail-8.12.8-9.90.{arch}.rpm for RH9) you've got a sendmail with no
>known security holes.

So I have built a clean redhat 9, done all the downloads, specifically
located the RPM referenced here and on install the advice is it is allready
installed.

So I am building MIMEDefang I am getting oops I couldn't find libmilter.a

When I read the archives the solution is to build sendmail with libmilter
support, when I do this and it doesn't work all advice I can find then says
but the latest redhat 9 rpm has libmilter support built in

It has to be simple because it has taken me so long. (sort of a Nick's rule
of thumb). Any assist of links gratefully rec.

-
Regards,
Nick Kirlew
Network Manager