[Mimedefang] Mimedefang/spamassassin/base64 encoded text

Mark London mrl at psfc.mit.edu
Sun Oct 5 22:06:00 EDT 2003

I'm sorry if this questioned has been already answered here, but I
couldn't find it using a google search.

I've been using the following configuration for a couple of months:

Mimedefang 2.31  &   Spamassassin 2.55

I just received a spam message that has base64 encoded text, and the
spamassassin body tests were not applied to the decoded text.  I
forwarded back the decoded message to myself, and then all the tests
were properly applied.

A post a few months ago, on this mailing list, someone asked a
similar question, and another person replaced, and said that the
problem was present if you were running less than 2.5x, but that's
not the case here.   Will upgrading my mimedefang help?  Any other
suggestions?  Thanks.