[Mimedefang] Milter: data, reject=451 4.7.1 Please try againlater

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Oct 3 16:57:01 EDT 2003

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Sorry to pester but can you be more specific on some of the cases that would
> cause the Overlong Results message?  I run a lot of boxes and I want to be
> proactive.

Having never seen the error message, I couldn't say.  I suspect that
it will happen if someone tries to add a header line that's more than
4kB long.  I believe SA 2.60 tries to put a lot of info in the headers,
and that may be the culprit.  (Although SA "folds" the headers in true
RFC2822 form, MIMEDefang has a hard limit on the total length of the
header.)