[Mimedefang] stream_by_... used?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Oct 3 13:51:02 EDT 2003

On Jan 18,  8:52pm, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
} On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} > In this case, filter_begin strips the non-existant
} > IP validation header, which is a no-op, then filter_end adds an IP
} > validation header.
}
} Why is filter_end adding the validation header?  You shouldn't do that;
} MIMEDefang will add and interpret it automatically.

     Because in the mimedefang-filter manpage in the PRESERVING RELAY
INFORMATION section, it says this:

     On your secondary MX hosts, add this line to filter_end:

          add_ip_validation_header();

Earlier you referred me to that section for information about
$WasResent etc.  I see now that I read too much into it.  I also read
the code for stream_by_recipient() in mimedefang.pl and see how that
works.  Okay, I think I have this part figured out now.

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"