[Mimedefang] stream_by_... used?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Fri Oct 3 04:52:01 EDT 2003

On Jan 17,  8:20pm, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
} On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} > Does delete_ip_validation_header() go before or after the call to
} > stream_by_...?
}
} After.

     Okay, I've got it all setup.  However, I've found a glitch.  It
has to do with mail from a user on the machine and to a single user on
the same machine.  In this case, filter_begin strips the non-existant
IP validation header, which is a no-op, then filter_end adds an IP
validation header.  Since that is the end of processing, the mail is
delivered with the IP validation header still in place.  Any
suggestions on how to deal with this situation?

     My first thought was that I shouldn't add the IP validation header
when the mail is originating from a machine that is allowed to relay.
Besides the fun of determining this case (I have /etc/mail/access,
authenticated SMTP, and POP before sending), I don't think that would
work.  The problem with this idea is that if the mail is from a user on
the machine, and going to multiple users on same machine, the header
won't be in place when the mail gets resent to the individual
recipients so $WasResent, etc. won't be set properly.  I'm thinking the
best thing would be to only add it if there are multiple recipients?

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"