[Mimedefang] Multiple SpamAssassinReport.txt parts

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Oct 2 21:55:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Romain Kang wrote:

> So the thought occurs to me that I could poke through the HEADERS
> file to see if SA has already left a positive spam match in the
> headers.

Be careful; this can be faked.  If the mail path is constant or reasonably
simple, it's better to decide whether or not to run SA based on the
sending relay's IP address.

> If so, skip running the SA analysis additional times.
> Before I open HEADERS myself, is there some place in the MIME
> object hierarchy that I look?

Possibly; you could scan for a part called "SpamAssassinReport.txt"
and skip SA if you find one.  Inside filter, you could check the $fname
argument.

> (Ultimately, I'd like to get rid of the multi-layer scheme, but I
> think I'll need to implement per-user spam preference handling
> somewhere because of different requirements for mission-critical
> vs. general communications of some addresses.

May I suggest CanIt-PRO? :-)