[Mimedefang] Re: calling action_bounce() for viruses

Geoff Thornton gthornton at networksgroup.com
Thu Oct 2 08:32:01 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, 01 Oct 2003, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Interesting.  Why multithreaded, given MD's architecture?  I went to
> great pains to make it so you don't need multithreaded code in your
> filters.

Sorry--bad choice of words...  I'm not really a programmer by trade.  I
probably should have said that it supports MIMEDefang's multiplexed
architecture; each process has its own LDAP connection that is independently
maintained.  I based my LDAP code around your database pseudo-code where
each connection is checked for validity and then brought up to the
appropriate state.  I had to modify your approach to handle the differences
in an LDAP lookup, but the framework is similar...

Here's the original article I based my idea on:

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2003-July/006856.html

--Geoff Thornton
NetWorks Group