[Mimedefang] stream_by_... used?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Wed Oct 1 20:46:01 EDT 2003

On Jan 16, 10:07pm, "David F. Skoll" wrote:
} On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, John Nemeth wrote:
}
} >      Is there any way I can tell if a message has been split up and
} > resent by a stream_by_... function?
}
} Yes.
}
} See the mimedefang-filter man page and the section
} "PRESERVING RELAY INFORMATION".  You can get mimedefang to add a "magic"
} header when it streams the mail, and the global variable $WasResent
} reflects the presence of this header.

     Thanks.  I vaguely recall reading this a couple of months ago, but
wasn't sure it would work for my purposes.  It appears that it will.

     In the PRESERVING RELAY INFORMATION section is this bit:

     On the primary MX host, you should add this in filter_begin:

          delete_ip_validation_header();

     This prevents the validation  header  from  leaking  out  to
     recipients.

Does delete_ip_validation_header() go before or after the call to
stream_by_...?

}-- End of excerpt from "David F. Skoll"