[Mimedefang] Out of memory?

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Sun Nov 30 22:05:46 EST 2003

Depends on the version of perl, the amount of children you have, what
other items you are running, etc. Running on 5.6.1p2 with a pretty easy
filter, it looks like each perl process is around 18 mb in size. Now
what mimedefang thinks it is I dont know.

Personally, I think that if you can only have 128MB in the machine, then
mimedefang (or any perl/python milter program) is not going to work for
you. You will probably want to run something a lot smaller in footprint
that is 'embedded' into a mail program. That could be qmail etc. THe
more you are running on the system the less likely you will be able to
find anything that will do a large amount of email filtering.