[Mimedefang] New spammer trick?

Paul freebsd at pksnet.com
Wed Nov 26 16:31:17 EST 2003

>Just curious here, are you on RR dynamic or static, commercial or
>residential?  I've had commercial static with RR in the tampabay region
>for four years now, and I've not had a problem with it.  One of my
>customers had the problem with AOL before they moved all the commercial
>statics from the 65.x.x.x to the 24.x.x.x address space.  After the
>move, no more problems.

I'm on an RR residential dynamic addy. I used to be in the 24 range but am now in the 65 range. It makes no difference. A buddy of mine is on RR residential dynamic as well and is in the 24 range. I admin his box and encounter the same problems there. It looks like AOL has blacklisted the entire RR residential DUL space.
The same goes for RR. I can't have my mailserver send mail to an rr.com addy, I have to have it sent to the rr.com server...

I wish RR would just let customers who have properly configured and secured mailservers alone. 99% of the tiem when I have to call their service desk, I can tell them exactly what the problem is and then have to fight a first line person who has no clue what I am talking about. Sometimes I can have them connect me to one of the systems people and get whatever ails fixed in like 5 mins. :-)

It doesn't look liek they use MIMEdefang or similar though. My RR addy gets spammed up the wazoo. One of the reasons I run my own server...