[Mimedefang] New spammer trick?

Charles Gardner charles at sterlingideas.com
Wed Nov 26 13:23:50 EST 2003

> >I deal with this myself at home (where I run my own sendmail
> box on a cable
> >connection), as AOL blocks consumer IPs.
>
> I have the same issue
>

> aol.com                 smtp:smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com
> .rr.com                 smtp:smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com
> .roaringpenguin.com     smtp:smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com
> cs.com                  smtp:smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com
> netscape.net            smtp:smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com
> bmc.com                 smtp:smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com
> wmconnect.com           smtp:smtp-server.tampabay.rr.com

Just curious here, are you on RR dynamic or static, commercial or
residential?  I've had commercial static with RR in the tampabay region
for four years now, and I've not had a problem with it.  One of my
customers had the problem with AOL before they moved all the commercial
statics from the 65.x.x.x to the 24.x.x.x address space.  After the
move, no more problems.

I'm just wondering what type of address you get from them.

Charles