[Mimedefang] New spammer trick?

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Nov 26 10:55:16 EST 2003

I agree as well. I have friends who are MORE internet/TCPIP saavy than the
admins who work for their ISP - and can't run their own servers. Yeesh.

Even on the DSL line my server sits, I get open-relay tested by the ISP every
now and then...

David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Richard Cooper wrote:
>

>>I'm sorry to say it, but I'm glad. Killing off legit users of
>>"consumer broadband" who want to use their own servers is, for me,
>>going too far.
>

> I concur.  My server is listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net, and the owner
> refuses to delist it, even though it's not on a dynamic IP.  Most
> DNSRBL's have way too much collateral damage.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Ben Kamen - O.D.T, S.P.
Home: ben at benjammin.net                       http://www.benjammin.net
Work: bkamen at uiuc.edu
gPG Pub Key - http://www.benjammin.net/www/pages/library

* NOTE: Opinions and Views discussed via email are my own and not that  *
* of the State of Illinois, University of Illinois or the Illinois Dept *
* of Natural Resources.                                                 *