[Mimedefang] New spammer trick?

Richard Cooper richard.cooper at dagroupplc.com
Wed Nov 26 08:08:18 EST 2003

> Unfortunately, the best source I've found for shutting down
> connections
> directly from "consumer broadband" and other dynamic IPs was
> easynet.nl's
> dynablocker blacklist ( http://abuse.easynet.nl/dynablocker.html ).
> However, it is being shut down in a week.  :(

I'm sorry to say it, but I'm glad. Killing off legit users of "consumer broadband" who want to use their own servers is, for me, going too far. I know we've had this discussion before and plenty of people don't agree, but I just think you're missing the forest for the trees, or cutting of your nose to spite your face or some other crap analogy. When you start blocking legit users deliberately - even if they are only one in a hundred - I think you've forgotten that the whole point of the exercise is to allow people to send email.

Anyway, I don't really want to spark another circular debate on this but I guess its become my personal bugbear.

Cheers
Ric

they are addressed.

originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

states them to be the views of DA Group.