[Mimedefang] New spammer trick?

Bryan Chapman bryan.chapman at cognito.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 06:22:16 EST 2003

>Unfortunately, the best source I've found for shutting down connections

>directly from "consumer broadband" and other dynamic IPs was
>easynet.nl's dynablocker blacklist (
>http://abuse.easynet.nl/dynablocker.html ). However, it is being shut
>down in a week.  :(

>Thanks for the warning. They do state an alternative to their service
though at:

>http://www.dnsbl.au.sorbs.net/using.html

>I'm checking that one out at the moment...

>Paul

I'm just checking this out now. The first email it has blocked was from
this list! Is that right, we talk about stopping spam we don't want to
end up on an anti spam list ourselves!

Anyone else had this?

Bryan Chapman
Network Operations Engineer
Cognito Ltd

www.business-phone.co.uk
www.cognito.co.uk

NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachment is confidential. It may
not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the intended recipient.

If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender
immediately then delete it from your system. Whilst every effort has
been made to check this mail is virus free we accept no responsibility
for software viruses and you should check for viruses before opening any
attachments. Opinions,conclusions and other information in this email
and any attachments which do not relate to the official business of the
company are neither given by the company nor endorsed by it.