[Mimedefang] clamav on debian

Rolf rolf at ses.tas.gov.au
Tue Nov 25 22:17:59 EST 2003

hello

I am trying to get clamav to work with mimedefang on debian woody.

Firstly, I have these things installed:

# dpkg -l *clam*
ii  clamav                 0.60-10
ii  clamav-base            0.60-10
ii  clamav-daemon          0.60-10
ii  clamav-data            20031009.174551
ii  clamav-freshclam       0.60-10
ii  clamav-testfiles       0.60-10
un  libclamav              <none>
ii  libclamav1             0.60-10

# dpkg -l mimedefang*
ii  mimedefang             2.38-1

I have also followed (adapting where appropriate) the clamav/mimdefang
howto at http://sial.org/howto/mimedefang/clamav

But mimdefang.pl -features says that there is no clamav or clam installed.

I can see mimedefang and its multiplexor as well as clamd in the process
list, running as the correct user. I have also checked the clamd and
mimedefang socket is the same file and that it is accessible.

have I missed something? Have run out of ideas.

thanks

rolf.