[Mimedefang] delete spam based on score

Cormack, Ken kcormack at acs.roadway.com
Mon Nov 24 10:27:46 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McCullars [mailto:jim at info.uah.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 10:14 AM
To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
Subject: RE: [Mimedefang] delete spam based on score

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> What is the consensus out there?

We discard anything over 20.  Between 12 and 20 we just quarantine.  If it's
important, the sender will call the receipient and ask "did you get my
email?"  In which case, the intended recipient will call us to look for it.
To date, I've only had one such call since we put that plan into effect.

Less than 12, we let it through, and let users create their own Outlook
rules, to filter based on the X-Spam-Score score.  This system has worked
out very well for us.

KEN CORMACK, RHCE
Sr. UNIX Systems Analyst,
    Open Systems Group
Sr. Software Analyst,
    TSG Midrange Systems Group
AFFILIATED COMPUTER SERVICES, INC.
    557 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron, OH  44310
    mailto:kcormack at acs.roadway.com
    mailto:ken.cormack at acs-inc.com
    Phone: (330) 643-6372
    Fax: (330) 643-6367
    Pager: (800) 946-4646 Pin 1412819

"If that that is 'is' is that that is not 'not is', is that that is 'not is'
that that is not 'is'?  It is!" - Ken Cormack

"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate technical
reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken." - Unknown