[Mimedefang] Speeding up MIMEDefang

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Sun Nov 23 11:37:08 EST 2003

On Apr 15,  7:15am, "Dave Ellenberger" wrote:
}
} I'm looking for some tricks to speed up MIMEDefang. I have read the
} ...
} razor, pyzor, dcc, a total of 18 RBL checks, and 1 antivirus running, no

     The 18 RBL checks is a major problem.  It can take up 30 seconds
for a DNS lookup to timeout.  You need to make sure that all of them
still work as RBLs tend to come and go.  Better yet, you really
shouldn't be using more then six.  The law of diminishing returns
starts to kick in really hard after that.  18 is really excessive.

}-- End of excerpt from "Dave Ellenberger"