[Mimedefang] Mail exchangers at roaringpenguin.com

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Nov 19 17:49:10 EST 2003

I note that though
209.195.84.23
(which is owned by Cyberus Online Inc.)
reverse-name-lookup resolves to roaringpenguin.net,

roaringpenguin.net
name-lookup resolves to
216.191.236.23
(which is owned by Allstream Corporation)

It seems that Cyberus Online has rather sneakily set up their reverse DNS to
make it look as though their IP's are roaringpenguin.com

www.roaringpenguin.com

www.roaringpenguin.com  internet address = 216.191.236.23

And,

asarian-host: {root} % nslookup -q=mx lists.roaringpenguin.com
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

lists.roaringpenguin.com preference = 10, \
mail exchanger = lists.roaringpenguin.com
lists.roaringpenguin.com internet address = 216.191.236.23

So, my question is, why is roaringpenguin.com also sending mail directly
from its primary IP (209.195.84.23), and not using its mail exchangers? Or
am I missing something?

Also, it may be worthwhile to get yourselves delisted at
dynablock.easynet.nl. But since the mail exchangers of roaringpenguin.com
are not listed at dynablock.easynet.nl, if the former is fixed, I suppose
the latter no longer matters.

Thanks,

- Mark