[Mimedefang] Big spam

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Wed Nov 19 09:00:17 EST 2003

> Wait 'till the spammers figure out that we don't use SA on messages
> more than 100k.  My poor dialup customers....--

I got a 500k spam today for printer toner, from Hong Kong.  Most of
it was a Word document.  I didn't bother opening it.  Our limit was
re-set to 150k after we got spam around 120k.  That's probably as
high as we will go.  Spam over 100k is certainly rare.

While I'm writing, here's an interesting new URL obfuscation in
another spam seen today.  We've all seen the gimmick with @.  I've
never seen * before.  The effective URL is what's after the *.

Joseph Brennan         Columbia University in the City of New York
Academic Technologies Group                   brennan at columbia.edu