[Mimedefang] Clam/MIMEdefang install procedure

Bill Curtis mimedefang at jameswcurtis.com
Mon Nov 17 16:10:58 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Bill Curtis wrote:
>
> > Tried that one, but wasn't overly impressed with it's init script.
>
> Here's the init script we use with our commercial CanIt software.
> You need to configure your clam file to drop the PID in
> /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.pid and use the UNIX-domain
> socket /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock.  It also has to
> run as the same user as MIMEDefang.
Forgive the newbie question, but how do I set which user a daemon runs
as?  When I compiled clam, I used the --with-user=defang --with-group=defang options,
How do I set it to run as a different user?  I set the .pid and the .sock
in the /etc/clamav.conf file, correct?

Thanks for the help

Bill Curtis