[Mimedefang] Message size limits to pass to SA

Charles Gardner charles at sterlingideas.com
Mon Nov 17 13:22:20 EST 2003

I have a low volume scanning gateway for myself and a few other domains.
I've had a couple messages get through the gateway by having embedded
images that push their sizes up.  I've customized my filter, but I left
the default 100k cutoff for SA in place.  Now, I'm contemplating pushing
that up to 1MB.  Other than eating more system resources, are there any
dangers with pushing a larger message through SA via Mimedefang?  Since
it's a low volume server, it's always sitting close to idle anyway.

Thanks,
Charles Gardner
    Sterling Ideas Inc.
    Senior Consultant