[Mimedefang] Per domain filtering

Charles Gardner charles at sterlingideas.com
Fri Nov 14 13:23:33 EST 2003

No, he's right about this.  The filter_begin, filter, and filter_end are
run in the same slave.  Filter_relay, filter_sender, and
filter_recipient do not necessarily run in the same slave.

As far as the per domain filtering, it's been working well for me.
Here's an excerpt of what's in filter_begin:

#***********************************************************************
    if (stream_by_domain()) {
        return;
    }

    if (lc($Domain) eq "xxxxxx.com") {
        $TriggerSpamBounce = 15;
        $TriggerSpamTrap = 5;
        $SpamTrap = 'spamtrap at xxxxxx.com';
        $TriggerSpam = 3;
    } elsif (lc($Domain) eq "yyyyyy.com") {
        $TriggerSpamBounce = 20;
        $TriggerSpamTrap = 6;
        $SpamTrap = 'spamtrap at yyyyyy.com';
        $TriggerSpam = 3;
    } else {
        $TriggerSpamBounce = 0;
        $TriggerSpamTrap = 0;
        $SpamTrap = $AdminAddress;
        $TriggerSpam = 0;
    }

I do AV on every message, so these values are tuned for usage with SA.
Just replace the $Trigger.... variables with a simple boolean for scan
or not.  Then in filter or filter_end, use conditional logic to call the
AV & SA.

Charles