[Mimedefang] temp files need cleaning up

David Erickson erickson+mimedefang at mddsg.com
Wed Nov 12 18:34:30 EST 2003

That is all your quarantined spam's.  You just need to write a cron job to
delete those after so many days.  I personally only keep two days worth
anymore since I've finetuned my filter to the point where I dont appear to
get any false positives and capture about 99% of the spam.

find /var/spool/MIMEDefang -name "qdir*" -type d -mtime +2 -exec rm -rf {} \;

or if you install a newer version of Mimedefang it's most like this

find /var/spool/MD-Quarantine -name "qdir*" -type d -mtime +2 -exec rm -rf
{} \;

Just stick it in your root crontab or the cron of whatever user owns that
entire directory and have it run once a day to keep it clean and tidy but
still giving you the oppourtunity to check if an email is blocked as spam
by accident.

David Erickson, CCSA
erickson at mddsg.com

> I found a huge number of directories like
> /var/spool/MIMEdefang/qdir-2003-08-29-05.02.58-001  which contain parts
of
> messages in files like HEADERS,  PART.1.BODY, etc.   It seems obvious
that
> these files should have been deleted long ago.
> I am using MIMEdefang 2.32 with SpamAssassin 2.53 and SendmailSwitch on
Solaris8;  /var/spool/MIMEdefang is a tmpfs.
> Any hint what I need to change?
>
> Thanks

written